2019 is half done and WOW!, when you're busy it does go by fast. Some days run together and some days run slow to the point of pain that you want to go to bed early and let it be over. I've had both. But it rains so the flowers can bloom strong.
So let's review some of what I've been doing in the sewing room and outside the sewing room.
- I had a new grand baby in February - a smiley face little boy, Griffin Lamar Richardson
- I committed to hosting Diner en Blanc Atlanta again this year
- I re-committed to my technology sales job after realizing my retirement planning is off by 20 years! ouch
- I designed a new logo for my sewing brand - prepping for next level
- I took my second Moulage Class with Kenneth King - I've decided he's my instructor for life - and then taught my own pattern drafting class at TopStitch Studio
- I dated one guy - fail! oh well
- I started the sewing community group Atlanta Sewing Style - calling out to sewists and designers in the metro-Atlanta area to come together and influence, inspire, teach, giveback and showcase our talent at seasonal photo shoots....mad fun!
And along with starting Atlanta Sewing Style, we partnered with sewing sister in Dallas TX Monica Tetteh (@thatssewmonica) and we now host Project Sew Atlanta, a monthly sewing sewcial in partnership with the Dekalb County Parks & Recreation/Hamilton Rec Center.
- And finally, to feed my soul - take a look at pics of the things I've made this year....
This dress is just plain fun to wear! Erin dress by Style Sew Me
More of the fun I've been having this year - a few family outings and planning more wonderful things to share with you. Made Mommy a duster coat in a stripe fabric from Fine Fabric - Atlanta. Sew-sister Warlene Rene gave us a beginner pattern for the red print suede from Joann's and date night was fun in my new steal from BFF Kate - at the red door of the Old Smyrna Firehouse.